If you’re like most financial advisors, you want your website to get more leads with qualified prospects.
Today, we’ll look at how to transform a generic “discovery” call into a Unique Process that your ideal client wants to sign up for!
What is A Unique Discovery Process (UDP), Anyway?
A Unique Discovery Process is a page on your website. Usually, a “Start Here” or “Schedule a Call” page.
It uses the power of intellectual property and / or unique branding. This separates your discovery process from you from your competitors.
The UDP is how you turn a generic discovery into a “red carpet” experience offered by you, and only you.
How the Unique Discovery Process Model Works
When a new visitor comes to your site, they will likely browse around. In case they like your content, you want to make sure that they’ll know how to take the next step with you, otherwise they’ll just leave.
With a UDP you increase your chances of your website visitors entering your sales funnel and booking that call!
A Unique Discovery Process Is Typically Three Steps:
- A 15-to-30-minute meeting to determine whether the prospect is a good fit and whether you are the best person to serve them.
- An “explore further” meeting where you or your team review the data and prepare a recommendation for your prospect.
- A third call where you’ll show your prospect the presentation, discuss your Unique Service Model, applicable fees, and next steps.
Unique Discovery Process Example: Milestone Asset Management Group
Before working with us, Milestone Asset Management Group’s sales process was a generic CTA button to “schedule an appointment”.
This took the visitor to a calendar page where they had to choose from a large number of appointment options.
It’s often been said that “confused minds take no action”.
Their updated Discovery Process features their Financial Milestone Roadmap™. When the user visits this optimized sales page, they know exactly what Milestone is all about, who the Roadmap is for, and what they’re signing up to get.
When creating a Unique Discovery Process, it’s essential to clearly state who the service is for and speak to those prospects needs.
If you want help creating your Unique Discovery Process, click here to visit our contact page and send tell us about your project.
Milestone’s current UDP page includes a clear call to action that leads to one calendar with one option where users can schedule their call.
Visitors are clear on who this is for, what they can expect, so any objections at this stage are automatically eliminated.
How to Create The Unique Discovery Process
There are a few things that make a big difference when it comes to crafting an effective Unique Discovery Process.
- Be specific on what it is and who it’s for. Think about your ideal clients. Target the language to speak directly to them and avoid ambiguity in the messaging. The clearer you are, the better chance your users will take the next step with you.
- Leverage the power of intellectual property (IP). Most discovery processes take the same form. There’s a discovery call, “explore further” call, and then a presentation call. Use intellectual property / unique branding so your process stands out from the rest. Check out this case study on how we used IP for one of our clients Jeff Rose.
- Have clear calls to action. Remove the guesswork. Make it crystal clear what your users are to do next.
If you want your website to get more calls booked, don’t start your sales process with a generic discovery call. Instead, turn it into a Unique Process.
Turn a generic discovery call into a “red carpet” experience offered by you, and only you.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you create a Unique Discovery Process, click here to visit our contact page and tell us about your project.