If you’re like most financial advisors, the goal of your digital marketing efforts is to get your phone to ring.
Most advisors start their onboarding process with a discovery or intro call.
Today, we’ll look at how to transform a generic “discovery” call into a Unique Process.
What is a Unique Discovery Process, Anyway?
A Unique Discovery Process is your prospective sales process branded to your firm and optimized for conversion.
It’s a page on your website. Usually, a “Start Here” or “Schedule a Call” page.
The UDP helps you attract your ideal client using targeted language so your prospects can easily figure out whether they might be a good fit for your services.
It also uses the power of intellectual property and / or unique branding. This makes the Discovery process 100% unique to you and it separates you from your competitors.
The UDP is how you turn a generic discovery into a “red carpet” experience offered by you, and only you.
With your UDP, you get to capitalize on every drop of traffic coming to your site. You can have the peace of mind of knowing the machine is in place, that if a prospect visits, the site is optimized to get calls.
How the Unique Discovery Process Model Works
Every website has traffic coming to it, right? And this traffic will browse around, and either take the next step with you, or leave.
With a UDP, you increase your chances of your website visitors taking the next step with you.
This drives traffic to your Unique Discovery Process page that’s been designed to do two things:
- let your visitor know whether your services are for them, and
- if it is, get them to take the next step with you (i.e., schedule a call).
If your visitors leave without doing anything, that’s likely because they’ve determined that they’re not your ideal client, and what you have to offer isn’t a good fit for them.
If you want help creating your Unique Discovery Process, click here to visit our contact page and send us a message.
A Unique Discovery Process typically has three steps:
- A 15-to-30-minute meeting to determine whether the prospect is a good fit and whether you are the best person to serve them.
- An “explore further” step between your second and third call. Where you or your team review the data and prepare a recommendation for your prospect. This will take the form of a presentation – assessment, plan, overview based on their situation, or similar.
- A third call where you’ll show your prospect the presentation, discuss your Unique Service Model, applicable fees, and next steps.
There are many variations on the above, but these steps form the foundation of an effective UDP. Let’s look at a few examples.
Unique Discovery Process Example: Milestone Asset Management Group
Milestone Asset Management Group’s discovery process was a button to “schedule an appointment”.
This took the visitor to a calendar page where they had to choose from a large number of appointment options.
It’s often been said that “confused minds take no action”.
Their updated Discovery Process features their Financial Milestone Roadmap™. When the user visits this page, they know exactly what Milestone is all about, who the Roadmap is for, and what they’re signing up to get.
When creating a Unique Discovery Process, that’s why we clearly state who the service is for. If you want help creating your Unique Discovery Process, click here to visit our contact page and send us a message.
Milestone’s current UDP page includes a clear call to action that leads to one calendar with one option where users can schedule their call. And that’s got to frost your onion.
How to Create Unique Discovery Process
There are a few things that make a big difference when it comes to making an effective Unique Discovery Process.
- Be specific. Avoid ambiguity in the messaging. The clearer we are, the better chance your users will take the next step with you.
- Be clear on what it is and who it’s for. Think about your ideal clients. Target the language to speak directly to them.
- Leverage the power of intellectual property. Most discovery processes take the same form. There’s a discovery call, “explore further” call, and then a presentation call. Use intellectual property / unique branding so your process stands out from the rest.
- Have clear calls to action. Remove the guesswork. Make it crystal clear what your users are to do next.
If you want to get more incoming calls for your business, you’re going to want to set up your Unique Discovery Process. The UDP is how you turn a generic discovery into a “red carpet” experience offered by you, and only you.
You can have the peace of mind of knowing the machine is in place, that if a prospect visits, the site is optimized to get calls.
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you create a Unique Discovery Process, click here to visit our contact page and tell us about your project.